Thursday 14 July 2016

AUDITIONING FOR MERCY - Tracy Elisabeth Gillman

If you please sir
I left the bairn at the door
The security guard says 
He’ll mind her

Yes sir I’ve got a dog sir

So’s everyone in our block sir 
Helps keep the bailiffs at bay

Yes I’ve got a flat-screen telly Sir

Getting it bit by bit
From Brighthouse where 
Woolworths used to be
I only put it on for my Chloe 
So she can watch the CBeebies

When I’m stuck online 

Trying to get a signal
Trying to get through to 
The housing, or the social
And I’m thirteenth in the queue 
And they’re playing that Vivaldi

I’ve got a smart-phone Sir, yes I have

These days it’s the only ones you get 
It’s got all me photos of her 
And him
I’ll delete them soon
Just when I get sorted 
And with your Grace’s willing
Have a little place of me own
Sir, my mother cannot keep me
She has troubles of her own 

Last night I ran and

Left the dog for him
If he does not feed it 
It will bite 

No sir, I’m not vengeful

I know austerity works
You told me it does Sir
And you know best
I am not one 
Of those Votadini
No Sir I am not one of those
 ‘Furious bastards’

No comments:

Post a Comment